March 14, 2010

Update, again

Hello folks,
Today a short report only. Markus Weiss was working intensively on getting OWB to compile and work on PPC targets. Of course, he succeeded! Thank you, Markus.
In my last post I've told you about some issues with setjmp/longjmp. The unaligned FPU double access, which crossed 16-byte boundary generates an alignment exception on PowerPC machines. My first fix was rather stupid one - alignment enforcement in setjmp and longjmp calls. Now, I wrote a special exception handler which takes care of misaligned data. It helped Markus a bit and make OWB work on Sam440EP.
Thanks to Markus work and his great fixes to the code, DHCP client does not enter an endless loop on Sam440 anymore. Now, setting network up on Samantha is a matter of few mouse clicks.
Stay tuned for more news. New ISO is on the way (I may tell you that its size increased again. Now it has 475 MB approximately).
PS. This blog entry was written on AROS running on Sam440EP in OWB browser :)

7 Comments:

Blogger Nube said...

Man you are my hero :-) i have a 60 GygaByte sata hard drive ready for AROS on my Sam :-D

1:41 AM  
Blogger The Rainbow UI said...

He's my hero too.
I think that the Michal works will be useful for OS4 too in some way.

Great work, Michal

2:57 PM  
Blogger The Rainbow UI said...

Wow, two Davide here. I wonder who's the another one.

2:58 PM  
Blogger SOL-Invictus said...

nice one! :)

are you planning a new iso for the efika also?

11:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's great news, but how's Efika port doing? ^_^

9:53 AM  
Blogger Nube said...

Any news?? i'd like to see that iso on my sam as soon as possible ;-) ^_^

2:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Michal, please save aros.iso for efika, where we have correct download, because torrent no run, Thank You...

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home